This year Mother’s Day is Sunday, May 13. It’s a popular U.S. holiday where we celebrate honoring the mother of the family, as well as motherhood, maternal bonds, and the influence of mothers in society. It’s a day to celebrate everything moms do! Traditionally gifts are given. Gifts on this type of occasion are most often thoughtful and come from the heart. Little kids tend to make something for their mother.
Even though handmade gifts are common, it’s nice to surprise mom with something fun– a splurge item she may not get herself. Here are my top-five timeless gifts for mom. No matter how old she is, chances are she’ll definitely appreciate it. My most favorite thing that isn’t listed on here is the amazing spa experience. Give her the gift of a relaxing day or morning. Last week I booked my mom a 1-hour facial and brow wax for her birthday. She LOVED it so much!! It’s not something she ever does for herself and was so happy to be pampered for an hour.
- Rodan + Fields Spring Renewal Gift Set. This limited-edition gift set compliments every skin type. The natural skin renewal process slows as we age, but ingredients like Peptides and Vitamin A are clinically tested to have a significant impact on the visible signs of aging. This has everything she needs to feel refreshed and revitalized for the new season. It includes Intensive Renewing Serum, Lip Serum, and Eye Cream. Contact me for more questions.
- Succulents. They are all the rave right now! These faux potted succulents are from Crate & Barrel but you can find realistic ones in a lot of great places. Your local garden store will even have chic pots and real plants in a multitude of sizes. Succulents are easy to care for and require very little water. It’s a good way to add some life to any room.
- Tea Towels. Even if your mom isn’t a chef in the kitchen, having some fun towels (especially for when guests come over) in the kitchen is a welcome gift. It’s nothing you ever buy for yourself. This one is from Anthropologie and there are lots of beautiful and unique prints to choose from! A well curated grocery market has tea towels (Sendik’s does to locals here) and I’ve also seen them at some home dec boutiques. They wash well, soak up lots of water, and are just fun to have in the kitchen.
- Henri Bendel Cosmetic Case. I love everything from Henri Bendel, his style is timeless. These legendary brown stripes have been around since 1907. Women hardly ever buy themselves a new makeup case yet we all use one in some form or another. This is a printed leather and features a silk lining. It’s impeccably made and oh so chic.
- Organic Cotton Pajamas. These are my all-time favorite pajamas from Garnet Hill! They come in four styles: cropped pants, shorts with sleeveless top, nightgown, and full-length pants and top. Both my mother and mother-in-law have received a set from me as a gift. The prints are fun and feature an Asian-wrap style. Sizing is true-to-size (I am a medium 8-10). With four different styles to choose from, she’ll surely love this gift. Again, beautiful, new pajamas aren’t something you would normally buy for yourself but something you love to receive!
No matter how you celebrate Mother’s Day make sure you acknowledge a special woman in your life. Mothers work so hard on multiple levels. It’s nice to take at least one day and really treat her with love and gratitude. I hope this guide points you in the right direction!